the holidays and stuff...

Sorry I've been gone. Not that you've missed me too much. It's this darn morning sickness, which, if you've ever had a baby you know, is really all day long sickness. It's gotten me a tad earlier this time and a tad bit more insistent that it be noticed that when I was pregnant with Emory. It's not just you I'm neglecting blogger friends, I'm not returning e-mails or phone calls either. But, hey! We are excited and this is just par for the course, right?

Our holidays have been crazy busy so far, but so enjoyable since Emory is now old enough to participate. She wants Santa to bring her a "blue present" and she's even been brave enough to stand in front of him and ask him for this treasure. She refused to sit on his lap, but sitting on a stranger's lap isn't something we necessarily encourage our daughter to do. What is she really getting? A play kitchen with accessories. The accessories will be wrapped in blue so that she gets her blue present. Her stocking will be stuffed with tons of chocolate candy and lots of girly things like blue bracelets, a pink tiara, and big girl panties!

I'm thinking we'll do the traditional leaving of the cookies and milk for Santa and then make sure the plate with crumbs left behind is still on the table. If I can get my act together to get to the library we'll even read The Night Before Christmas before bedtime. Jury is still out as to whether or not this will happen.

I'm terribly excited about Christmas since we'll be celebrating with both my brother and sister and my parents. Emory loves her family and having them here will be the biggest treat of all. But, there will be great food and lots of it. I'm not sure I'll be able to eat much of it since random things make me sick right now, but we're going to give it a go. And, I was incredibly creative with the gifts this year. I started thinking about it way back in August and I think everyone will be pleased with their goods.

So what's not to love? Lots of food we only get once a year, a two-year-old who is so much fun to surprise with goodies, family we never see but really enjoy, and another blessing on the way. I can truly say, as we mentioned on our Christmas Cards this year: "The Lord has done great things for us and we are glad." (Ps. 126:3)

Comments

~Amanda~ said…
I was just looking at your bloglist and realized that "Blogomurph" or whatever is Michael Muphry. Awww, and he has a new baby boy! How exciting!! Hope you are feeling good and no morning sickness. I'm still dealing with it sometimes. :)

Popular Posts