the 4th trimester...

.... officially overdue!  Baby Skotch was due yesterday, and here we are, at today, with no real labor going on at all.  I've got strangers offering to lift my children into the cart for me at Publix, folks at the gym groaning for me when I walk in the door, and 2 crazy kids completely oblivious to their mamas discomfort.  Emory climbed into bed with us at 6:30am, on my side, after removing the obstacle in her way which just happened to be the body pillow holding my belly up.  At 6:40am I asked her to please stop wiggling and she asked me if "we" could get up now.  I told her that she was welcome to get up, Mama was staying abed until 7am!  That was the plan, at least, until I heard the little boy rearranging the location of the rocker from his crib at 6:45am. 

Ethan's favorite new game at bedtime is to play whack-my-head-on-mama's-belly-because-it's-cool-how-it-just-bounces-off.  I let him because maybe it will cause my water to break one of these days.  As Eric was leaving for a short Kid's Market shift this morning he sighed and said, "I can't wait until I'm not always a foot away from you." 

We're a little ready to meet this new little person!  Until that time, we're baking up some banana bread for a Bethlehem Children's home bake sale Emory is running at our gym, getting some hours in at Kid's Market, and Daddy's taking us out to dinner.  He won't tell us where, just that it's a new little place that has only been open a week.  Emory and I are having fun taking guesses.  So far, she thinks it's a restaurant where you can eat while riding a hippo, and I'm thinking some sort of new sandwhich shop.  We'll see!

Comments

Popular Posts