34 things....

.... in honor of tearing another page off the calendar of my life, I thought I'd jot down a couple of things I've either learned about life, or discovered about myself on this journey:

1. three small kids ain't all that bad as long as you remember to breathe through the chaotic moments.
2. if you stay really organized it reduces the number of chaotic moments you experience.
3. those chaotic moments make really funny stories later.
4. in order to not just survive, but thrive, you have to see every spare moment that you get to do something just for yourself as a bonus, not a right.
5. humor diffuses all kinds of stressful moments... it can even stop a toddler fit in it's tracks.
6. if you haven't told your husband very specific ways he can help lighten your load, you can't complain (yet)
7. obedience to God's word really is the only way to have a happy life.
8. if I make it a goal to make life as much fun for my kids as possible, life is more fun for all of us.
9. making life fun for the kids also makes them more receptive to the harder lessons in life.
10. when the kids are running wild giving them a sorting job really helps them to settle down.
11. a lot of times, out-of-control kiddos just need that energy directed a bit.
12. as long as the beds are made I feel like the house is clean.
13.  the hours between 1 and 5pm are my favorite time of day.
14.  I believe beer was made for summer.  There is nothing as wonderful as a cold beer on a hot evening.
15. I love, love, love to eat outside and it is my goal to one day own a really nice patio set and eat outside as many times a week as we can.
16. a cookie can never have too many sprinkles or chocolate chips.
17.  dark chocolate is most certainly the nectar of the gods.
18. a fun drink is the fastest way to my heart.
19. my favorite hot drink is a peppermint mocha.
20. my favorite bubbly drink is diet dr. pepper cherry.
21. my favorite adult drink is a gin and tonic.
22. my favorite fruity drink is a Leapin' Lizard from Planet Smoothie.
23. I only drink water because it is good for me.
24. Not only do I love a special drink, but a cool cup makes it taste even better.
25. I am not a shoe gal.  In fact I am painfully practical when it comes to shoes, much to my sister's chagrin I am sure.
26. Not only am I practical about my shoes, I'm not very fashionable at all.
27. I am usually the last to know what it going on and I have no idea how or where people get the info they have.
28. I really hate to talk on the phone.
29. the best advice I think you can give a new mom is to pray, pray, pray about everything (even things like sleep training) and then trust your gut.
30. I am thrilled my oldest seems to enjoy reading as much as I do.
31. I really like having 2 girls and 1 boy.
32.  We never intended to give all of our children "E" names, it just kind of happened.
33. I never thought I'd have a child with a double name.
34. I will forever be so thankful for June 7, 2003!  Without it my husband and children would not have been a possibility.

Comments

Greta said…
Good, good list.
And what happened June 7?

Popular Posts