I promise...

a newsier update is coming soon, and Easter pictures too! Right now you must satisfy yourself with the following:

- Emory has moved to her new "big girl" room and is finally accepting the change! We anticipated some popcorn action, but were completely blindsighted by the sheer terror she experienced when we put her to bed at night. We THINK we finally have a system that gets her down with minimal encor appearances and no discipline. Time will tell...

- I am ever so pregnant and befuddled. I feel exhausted ALL THE TIME, a condition not at all helped by the early morning appearances of a toddler who is proud that she remained in her bed until "it was sunshine". And, she always looks like she's actually been up for a while so I don't get to start slowly... My brain has apparently ceased to function at all, and I am amazed that any of us are still alive. Getting to the end of the day with the feeling that I worked really hard all day, yet have nothing to show for it, is becoming all too familar. Then again, getting out of bed itself is an olympic feat right now.

- I realized today that I am only 3 weeks away from my last trimester. How did that happen? And, I had to log on to my blog to see just how far along I was. I would have never forgotten which week I was in with Emory... Right now Ethan's room is a collection of all the junk we were storing in Emory's new room, which was formerly the guest room/office/storage room. This junk is awaiting it's final resting place in our new laundry room. Construction begins soon?

- We closed on our refinancing option this past Wednesday and I get to pick up a semi-fat check to go towards aforementioned laundry room. In about 2 weeks we will close on a second mortgage which will provide the remaining funds for the construction.

- Did I mention that I am exhausted? I'm stuck in a pit right now, probably pregancy related so I shouldn't take it too seriously, of feeling like I do more harm than good in this parenting thing. I haven't been able to read my Bible in the past 2 weeks because of our household schedule upheaval, and I feel so lost. I'm used to feasting on the Word for at least an hour eash morning before my family was up and I've haven't read gotten the hang of eating on the run since I no longer have that time. And, I feel like I am always either griping at my kid, or shooing her away and putting her off so that I can get one more thing done. I miss our lazy days of playing. Where did that go?

Enough for now. Next post will have more of what you really want... less of me and more of one amazingly adorable two-year-old.

Comments

Popular Posts