know what I'm sayin'?

Emory has hearing problems. We've joked for a while around here about how sensitive her hearing is, but at her 3 year check-up my quips intrigued her doctor. So, we're being sent to an audiologist for evaluation. Our concern is not that she is hard of hearing. Oh no, my over-achieving first-born may hear too well! Sounds may be distorted to her because they are overly-loud to her. I thought that this might be a joke, except that today on the way to church we splashed through a REALLY BIG PUDDLE (for B'ham folks, it was the Altadena dip). This puddle is always there in the same place after a hard rain. After driving through aforementioned puddle, Emory looked at me wide-eyed and said, "That's the first time that didn't hurt my ears!"

Y'all, she currently has a nasty ear infection that is probably muffling sounds to her! Could it be that this poor kid has felt as though the world is hollering at her for the past 3 years? Was this the first time she heard the splash at a normal decible?! Oh! the mommy guilt abounds.......

Comments

Popular Posts