life through Emory's eyes...

Some recent conversation snippets:

In the car today on the way to dine at CFA with a friend, Emory puts her hand to her mouth, makes the "walkie-talkie" noise and then announces, "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your cat speaking."

While reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar before naptime, Emory asks "Where did the butterfly come from?"
Momma: "Well, the caterpillar spun this cocoon," turning back the page for her to see, "he stays inside for a couple of weeks, and then comes out a butterfly. God made caterpillars to do that."
Emory: "But once they are a butterfly, they stay that way, right?"

Overhead while she is in her room, with the door closed, "reading" to her baby dolls..."And Jesus said, 'Do what I tell you is good, or I'll spank you.'"

Looking at Eric's nametag from work (Dr. Eric Skocelas)... she points to the period and asks, "Does that stand for Daddy dot com?"

Yesterday on the way to take her to preschool, I had to pull over to hunt for something in the car before we even got out of the neighborhood. I put the hazards on and Emory inquired, "Mommy, how are you going to go both ways?"

Comments

~Amanda~ said…
Very Very Cute!! I love the daddy.com!! :)
Beth Pruitt said…
My favorite recent Emmory quote was when Parker and I stayed with Emmory and Ethan so that Eric and Sarah could go to a Christmas party.
We were brushing both Emmory and Parker's teeth, and I was helping Parker floss his teeth. Emmory watched for a moment, a bit apprehensively, then asked "You're not going to do that to me, are you?"

Popular Posts