what's goin' on?

Life has been so hectic lately.  I'll start with some bullet points on what we've been up to since my last post:

- We went to the beach for a week.  I'll post pictures soon.  Fun was had by all.
- We're still chugging along with kindergarten.  It takes up a lot of my time, which I totally expected, but it still frustrates me.
- I had minor knee surgery taking me out of the mama game for a few days.  We were well cared for by friends.
- Ethan's been diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder.  We're still in the process of narrowing down which one.  Lots of blood being drawn.  He looks the picture of health, you'd never know anything was wrong with him... until he catches a cold that knocks him down for 2 weeks.
- Ella Margaret is still such a terrific baby.  Beginning to sit up.  Still on an all milk diet, won't touch solids.  Slaps the spoon right out of your hand.  She'll be seven months on Sunday.  She doesn't look like she's hurting too much for nutrition, weighing in at 18 pounds, 10 ounces at her 6 month check up. 
- Emory has finally accepted school as part of her day.  She is a real trooper.  Working really hard at not crying when she's frustrated with a new concept.  She's almost nailed it.  I really enjoy being her teacher.  This is where she and I connect the most.
- Eric is hard at work being a veternarian extrodinairre, a selfless husband, and a fun daddy.
- We've decided to start doing cloth diapers for the 2 diapered kiddos, and I am loving it.  It does not add that much to my workload at all.  Ethan, in true boy fashion, loves to flush the dirties.  It's something I've wanted to do for our children for over a year and my parents made it happen for us.  Thanks Mom and Dad!
- Since switching to cloth diapers, we're generating only 1/3 of the trash we had been.  We haven't taken our dumpster to the street in 2 weeks.  We used to take it twice a week.  That speaks volumes to me and is totally worth the microscopic bit of extra work cloth diapering is.
- Because of Ethan's issues I'm working on getting us on a preservative-free, whole food diet.  Educating myself has been a slow process.  I'm looking forward to eating a cleaner diet and not feeling so sluggish.

What's going on with you guys?

Comments

Rachel said…
You're a brave Mama to cloth diaper two - I'm totally impressed!! I need to work on my laziness...

Popular Posts