random toddler stuff...

Some of you may not know, but I was a preschool teacher in my life before mommyhood. I loved what I did and sometimes really miss it. At least until I remember that I get to stay in my PJ's until noon and play with my own preschooler here at home. What I usually miss the most are both the structured activities (a.k.a. lesson plans) and working with older preschoolers. The youngest group of children I ever taught was two's, so I am still adjusting to my daughter's age and developmental ability.



Anyhoo, I got a little stir crazy this week because we had been inside for 3 days with the croup, had a 2 day respite, and then had almost 3 days of rain. I personally was sick and tired of playing with the same toddler toys, making up the same toddler games, and watching the same toddler videos. I could tell Miss Emmy K was also because her behavior was rapidly deteriorating and I had caught her (twice!) standing on the table and dumping out the salt.



I found this great website, and since I know a lot of you are former teachers, these activities might appeal to you too. I am a sucker for "teacher/mommy" made materials. I personally think that God gave us everything we need in creation to "teach" our preschoolers about life and the world around them. Why buy it when you can make it? So, maybe you won't find this helpful, but some of you might. So enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts