this one will be quick...

Emory had her first official day of school, preschool that is, today. No, I did not cry, but I am sad that she is officially a preschooler. I just can't believe that she is that old! She didn't cry when I dropped her off, stayed happy the whole time she was there, and was cheerful when I got back. I was greeted by the following when I picked her up:

"Boy! She's a climber, isn't she?" (As we were walking out we were stopped by another teacher from an older class. She was able to greet Emory by name AND already knew she was a climber. I'm too timid to ask why "everyone" already seems to know her as "the climber" from the toddler room.)

"Boy! She's independent, isn't she?" (Understatement of the year!)

"How many older siblings does she have?" (Apparently, she's tough, verbal, and independent enough to make you think she's got some older role models. And she does, they just don't live with us, per se...)

She was a sweet girl and I think she's going to love it there. I had a question for the financial director while we were there and on our way out we had to pass Emory's classroom again. She literally lunged for the door and asked, "I go back in?"

Looks promising to me...

And on a totally unrelated note... the best quote of the year:

I was talking with a friend about all the "If only's" we use to excuse our lack of contentment with our lives. She said her Grandmother always said in response to an "if only" comment always was... "If only frogs had wings, then they wouldn't bump their butts on the floor."

Chew on that.

Comments

Popular Posts