a hard week....

It's been a hard week around here.  Long story short, our big girl has had some sin struggles (don't we all!) that we as her parents have not known how to deal with wisely or kindly and the littlest one had a serious reaction to an MMR vaccine.  So, life around here was hard, tempers were short, and kids were out of control.  I'm home this morning from worship, letting the toddler catch up on some rest and just take it easy.  I wrapped a few gifts while I listened to the following sermon on the goodness of children: http://www.trinity-pres.net/audio/sermon10-09-19.mp3.

Some of my favorite oneliners were:

"The gospel is not a ride at Six Flags that you must be a certain height to ride; Jesus welcomed babies into His presence."

"You think you would die for your children?  Well, Jesus already has."

I have had another nasty look into my own heart this week and seen once more my need for Jesus, not just daily, but moment by moment.  I've been selfish, easily frustrated and impatient, and have regarded my children as a hinderance and nuisance to what I think is important for me to get accomplished.  Thankfully, God so desires my devotion to Him that He sent an illness into our home that baffled doctors and could not be cured by tylenol to make me slow down and re-evaluate my calling as the mother of these kiddos and the wife of my beloved.  Thank God for His redemption!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your posts- you sweet, precious friend. I am so thankful for the words that come out of your mouth- er...fingers. :)

Popular Posts