How we did the 4th of July...

The started out with Eric running to the clinic to do rounds and Emory and I cuddled up on the couch and watched Robin Hood. Actually, she watched while drinking her juice and eating a cereal bar and I caught a little more sleep! When Daddy came home we got busy emptying out the kitchen of all the furniture and appliances to get ready for the new floor and counters we are getting this week! Then it was off to the pool and home again for naps.

After naps we hung out and played and then headed out to watch fireworks. We had been prepping Emory for the event for a couple of weeks, but once we were actually on our way we faced an onslaught of anxious questions:

Will they be loud?
Will they be close?
Did I like them when I was a baby?
Do other children like them?
Will I be afraid?
Did you like fireworks when you were little?

And on and on until I told her she would just have to trust us not to take her somewhere that she would get hurt. She ended up really enjoying the fireworks and actually losing interest half-way through. After I made her take her hands off her ears, that is.

And then it was home again home again and off to bed. It was the first time in a long time that we spent the majority of the day together as a family and it felt so good! Next year will be interesting with a 11 month old in tow. Can't wait!

Comments

Popular Posts