to Gigi's house we go...

.... I did it!  I packed up two children, drove 250 miles to Mobile (which means 4 hours in a car), and have spent almost 4 days soaking up some grandparent and uncle fun.  My brother lives next door, and my sister's husband is down here completing a summer legal internship - so Emory has LOVED all the extra folks to perform for.  My favorite moment so far was when I asked her to pick up a toy Ethan had dropped in the car and she responded, "No, I am not responsible for his stuff."   Typical attention overload and sleep deprivation three-year-old style.  I've decided to expect poor behavior and only address what is truly abominable, 'cuz that just comes with the territory when visiting grandparents.

Ethan has a nice room to himself upstairs and Emory and I am sharing the "purple room" which makes her super happy.  Turns out, it is not so bad sharing a bed with her if said bed is queen size!  She loves being a "lady" and being included in most adult activities.  Yesterday we bummed around, and discovered a rockin' sale on carseats.  I knew we were going to need one for Emory since we've been borrowing one that needs to be returned.  Planning to stock up, I was thwarted when I was told the carseat didn't actually go on sale until today.  Turns out that worked out to my advantage.  I was able to come home and research the carseat and found out it was the number one rated safety seat. After checking Ethan's carseat, I discovered his expires in December, so now I was able to get 2 for a great price.  Half-off ain't bad for a Graco Nautilus.

This carseat is the ultimate carseat.  Cupholders, toy caddies, and it will be good until my children are 100 pounds.  It converts from a carseat with a 5-point harness to a high-back booster to use with a shoulder belt, then to a regular booster.  Score!  Neither child should need another carseat.  While I was inspecting expiration dates, I discovered (to  my delight!) that the infant seat is good until December 2013.  I was afraid it was expired since we acquired it 4 years ago and it was a hand-me-down.  Must not have been too old....

But the story gets better... I was under the impression that both carseats were charcoal grey, which suited me fine.  However, when we pulled the second carseat from it's packaging, we discovered it was pink with purple flowers!  My girl could not be happier with her new ride.  God is good!

I got treated this afternoon when my Mom took us to the crisis pregnancy clinic she works for and allowed me an ultrasound.  Emory even got to take some pictures.  I am 10 weeks and 1 day, and this precious baby was kicked back, one hand behind his/her head and sucking it's thumb.  Baby never wiggled once, and has a very average heartbeat, right smack in the middle of the normal range.  Good news for the Mama.

We're headed back tomorrow, and we're all anxious to see our daddy again.  Ethan just wants to be home.  He has not handled being away from home well.  Won't let me out of his sight and screams if the dog moans, the kitty meows, or anyone looks at him.  He's been sleeping A LOT, completing confirming for me that he crashes when he can't deal.  Poor guy,  he and his sister are total opposites.  This has been just what the doctor ordered for her - a change of scenery - and she's thriving.  The boy is having panic attacks because nothing is as "it should be".

Well, off to Mom's famous spaghetti, a phone call to daddy before his big poker game, and maybe to sneak out for some ice cream.  I can fudge, I've lost half of what I considered my baby weight once we got here.  Sucks to be sick, but it's good for the waist line!

Comments

Popular Posts