to all the moms of kids who won't eat

Tell me what the strangest food combinations or ways to hide food that you've ever come up with. For example, for Emory the strangest thing I've ever fed her to date is peaches mixed with cottage cheese. Not that foreign, I know. BUT, when I was keeping lil' Philip he went through a phase where everything had to be covered in spaghetti sauce, including his peas. So, my wierdest food combo isn't even for my own kid :). Renie - it was crazy what he would eat as long as it was covered in marinara! Corn, green beans, you name it. And because of pregnant brain, I probably never remembered to let you in on that little secret. Sorry!

Comments

Mosshouse said…
Sarah, can you come feed my son again? He hasn't eaten peas, corn, any veggies since you cared for him last on September 1, 2006 :)
Robin Stevens said…
Ok, I am giving you a cookbook that a lady at church gave me. It's written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife and it's called Deceptively Delicious. It's all about how to hide good stuff like fruits and veggies in foods kids love to eat, like cookies, cakes, spaghetti and mac and cheese.

And BTW, both of my kids ate really weird cereals from the time they were 6 months old till they were about a year. My fave: millet and black-eyed peas mixed with turnip greens and applesauce. Mmmm!

Popular Posts