waking Emory up from a nap...

...never bodes well, unless we are headed out the door. Today she refused to sleep at a reasonable time and finally crashed at 4:00. Now the dilema is when to wake her up so that she isn't up until midnight. I chose 5:30, thinking that she should have had sufficient sleep by then to not be "hung over". WRONG! After almost half an hour of tears, we finally got her calmed down enough to eat dinner... in my lap. Afterwards she perked up a bit and even "let" her daddy give her a bath. She helped me bathe Ethan and then cheerfully retired to her room for books with daddy.

She had asked if I would make Ethan's bath a quick one so that I could read stories with her and her daddy. I tried, I really did, but we were about 30 minutes out from Ethan's bedtime and he is always cranky and somewhat inconsolable at that point. Too tired to be a part of the family happenings, but not yet tired enough for bed. Being a baby must be so hard....

I had told Emory while we were bathing Ethan that I thought it best not to look at books after lights out tonight since it seemed she might need some extra rest. At the time she seemed to accept this pretty well. However, when daddy was turning out the lights and putting the books back on the shelf she tearfully asked why she couldn't have books. He reminded her that I had said she needed extra rest. "But, I thought you said I could.", she tried. "No baby, I agree with mommy." She tried another tactic, "But you said yes to something!" Poor, poor little girl. Being three-years-old must be awfully hard too... Come to think of it, 32 ain't no walk in the park either!

Comments

Popular Posts