we have some new friends!

and their names are Inky, Pinky, Dinky, Doodle, and Da. We've been without a working radio or cd player in our car since mid-summer, going on 6 months now, so we've had to create our own entertainment while in transit. I've actually drug my feet a little to get it looked at because I've enjoyed having to talk or entertain. It's been a good practice for me to not go to my happy place and ignore the kids in the car.

For a while we would sing songs. Then Ethan was born and hated the carseat, so we endured crying for a while on the road. Now, he is much more content in the car so Emory has begun asking for stories. Incidentally, this practice has come in handy anytime I want her still while I finish a task - feeding Ethan, cooking supper, you get the idea... Inky, Pinky, Dinky, Doodle, and Da are 5 clowns that live in a big-top and have a ringmaster who is also their dear friend. They get into all sorts of scrapes and each story has a moral to it. They've become such fixtures in Emory's life that she has actually referenced their antics during our morning Scripture reading at the breakfast table.

So there you have it, the Skocelai version of Aesop's Fables. I wonder what those crazy clowns will get themselves into next?

Comments

Popular Posts