just because...

It's my online journal and one day I'm gonna want to remember what my days looked like.

6:15am - Bubba starts making a racket and I reach over and turn off the monitor and go back to sleep.
6:30 - Sister appears and climbs into bed with us.
6:35 - Sister starts "I'm hungry.  I want pancakes and bacon.  Can I watch a cartoon?  What are we going to do today?  Mommy, I'm hungry.  Can I have pancakes and bacon?  I want to get up.  Will you please wake up?"  while I try to tune her out and get just 5 more minutes,
6:40 - I drag myself out of bed, tell her to go potty, pick out 3 books, and meet me in daddy's chair.  I pour myself a big cup of coffee, get her juice, and meet her back at daddy's recliner where she is waiting with 5 books.
7:00 - We can no longer ignore the fact that the baby is awake and he gets a 6 ounce bottle while sister watches a cartoon.  Or snuggles with daddy.  Her choice.
7:30 - Baby is fed and placed in the living room with his basket of toys.  TV goes off and sister directs brother's play.  For right now, he's completely cool with this.  I'm sure this will change.  Mommy's in the kitchen.
8:00 - BREAKFAST!  Sister gets pancakes and bacon.  Every day.  Brother gets oatmeal and 2 fruit cubes.  I get a yogurt and another cup of coffee.  This is when we do catechism, memory verse, and daily Bible reading.  We're currently reading through the story of the Israelites deliverance from Egypt. 
8:30 - Emory brushes her teeth, gets herself dressed while I get dressed and dress Bubba. 
9:00 to 10:00 - Brother goes down for his morning nap.  Emory gets Sesame Street, outside playtime, or sometimes we just play and read books. 
10:00 - snack time for Emory
10:00 to 12:00 - Play time with kids, errands, chores, meet up with friends.
12:00 - LUNCH!  Emory wants turkey, cheese cubes, and a fruit every single day.  Brother prefers 3 veggie cubes and 3 fruit cubes or a yogurt.
12:30 - Daddy comes home for his lunch and all sorts of chaos breaks loose.  If Emory is going to play a computer game it is usually now when I am trying to clean up from our lunch and get daddy his lunch.  Ethan jumps and bumps like a fool in his bumper jumper.
1:30 - Daddy heads back to work, Ethan goes down for his afternoon nap with another 6 ounce bottle, and Emory gets books and a yogurt shake while she winds down in her bed.
2:00 to 3:30 - Emory and Ethan both sleep!
3:30 - kids are up, afternoon snacks are consumed, and mommy hustles everyone out the door to head to the gym.
4:00 to 5:00 - Ahhh... gym time.  Sometimes I get the pleasure of working out alongside my BFF, but usually, I. am. alone.
5:30 - the mad rush of getting supper on the table, daddy getting home, kids crying because I haven't fed them all day, or so they would have you believe.
6:00 to 7:00 - Family dinner.  This time is becoming more pleasant the older Ethan gets.  I'm actually getting to sit for most of this time.  My dinner is usually cold, we're engaging in the normal song and dance it takes to get Emory to eat, while I am literally shoveling food into Ethan's mouth.  Generally, not at all quick enough for his liking.
7:00 to 7:30 - The kids take a bath together.  This is so stinkin' cute.  They laugh and giggle, splash each other, and just really enjoy being together.  If no bath is needed then it is family dance party time in the kitchen.
7:30 - Ethan hits the wall, collapses in exhaustion, gets an 8 ounce bottle and blessed bedtime.  He will literally dive into his bed, snuggle up with his night-night and if he could he would tell me, "Bu-bye now."
8:00 - after 2 books, 3 songs, multiple kisses and hugs, Emory is bedded down for the night as well. 
10:00 - Mom and Dad hit the sack try to get 8 full hours before it all starts over again tomorrow at 6:15!

Comments

Popular Posts