Chicken Italiano...

Another recipe we loved! It has been in both Faith cookbooks, so if you own the old one you know what I'm talking about.

Here it is:

4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick butter
1/2 c. onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten

Heat oven to 300 degrees, melt butter in casserole dish in oven while chopping onion and breading chicken. Combine crackers, cheese, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken in egg and then coat with cracker mixture. Layer onion in bottom of dish and top with chicken. Bake one hour. WONDERFUL!

I think this is one of my all time favorites. It is soooo easy and wonderful. I love really quick and easy dishes that are delectable. I've paired this with roasted potatoes and squash casserole one night and tonight we had it with the herbed corn recipe (also in the new cookbook) and fried okra.

Here is the herbed corn recipe (I changed it up a little, I'm bad about that..)

I used 2 cans of corn, recipe call for 12 ears of corn on the cob
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. pepper

The recipe states that you are to mix all of the ingredients and brush them onto the corn. Wrap each ear with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25t minutes. I just dumped everything into a saucepan and heated it until it was warmed through. I really wanted to try this recipe and we didn't need 12 ears of corn. Even Emory, who typically only chooses ketchup to season her bland food, almost ate her weight in this corn recipe.

And Robin... I got so excited about chocolate chip pancakes after seeing Katie's chocolately face on your blog. I made them this morning and Emory refused to eat them because she thought I said "chocolate cake" when I told her I was making chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. She kept looking around me and saying, "No, chocolate cake, where chocolate cake?" What can I say? The kid has never eaten a carb that was not in cake form. Guess I burned her out on carbs when she was in utero... all I ate for weeks was pancakes!

One more Emory funny... early this week I was relaying a story about our cat, Gabby, to Eric. She had gotten scared and had done that cat thing where they puff up all their fur in order to make themselves look big. I couldn't remember the technical term for it (it's some weird word that always makes me giggle). Here's how the conversation went at dinner...


Me: "She did that thing, you know... what do you call it when a cat gets big?"
Emory: "Mommy, BIG CAT!" (said very emphatically)

The girl may follow in her daddy's footsteps yet...

Comments

Robin Stevens said…
Thanks for the recipes. Too bad Emmy wouldn't eat the pancakes. Katie would most definitely have taken them off her hands!

Popular Posts