Beloved...

I'm priviledged to be a member of a church where there are some incredibly Godly and wise women. One of these women is leading a short Bible study this summer. I've also been priviledged to be meeting with her one-on-one this past year on the day Emory was at "school". After many, many years of praying for such a relationship. God has answered and my soul has become rather fat this past year. Make that obese. I've been fed so well in so many ways and I've recently been convicted to stop hoarding all this good stuff I'm getting fed and to start sharing a little of my feast with others, primarily my family.

Back to the Bible study... we are going through the book Her Name Is Woman, and it focuses in some key female players from Scripture that we can definately learn from. Some is the how to kind of learning and some is the how not to kind. This past week we started with Eve, and the following was a quote at the beginning of the chapter:

"The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made of his head to rule over him, nor of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved." (Matthew Henry)

I love this description of what we think was God's intention when He chose the rib and not another part of Adam's body. Of course, it is Father's Day, which has brought reflection on the father God chose for my children. At one point, I was under the impression that the father of my kids would be someone else entirely, mainly because I was married to someone else before God brought me my Beloved. However, I am constantly amazed at who and what God had in store for me when that first marriage went straigh to hell 2 years in. And I am so glad it did!

The man with whom I've begun a family is AMAZING! Seriously, I don't know when I've ever known a more selfless man. Even on a day when I completely expected to pick up a little more slack so that he could relax a bit, and maybe thinking that meant keeping the tot out of his hair a bit, his perspective was a bit different. Because it is Father's day he wanted to spend his day being that - a Father and not a lazy bum :), which really would have been fine and I would have never faulted him for it. So, I ended up getting most of the day off instead of him. He's a pretty cool guy!

Comments

Popular Posts