Seriously!

Why do all things seem to converge on the same day? It is unbearably hot here, I am 2 days away from being 33 weeks pregnant, and my air conditioner has worked hard all day and has yet to get the household temp. below 80 degrees. We headed out to Walmart and my darling daughter decided to act every bit of her 2 years. Blissfully, she has been down for a nap for almost 2 hours now, so she may get to keep her life today.

Today is my busiest day of the week, catching up from the weekend and all and then getting ready for a new week ahead. There has been much to do and of all days, I can't seem to catch a deep breath. Guess that happens when you've got a kid punching your diaphragm every few moments. I really can't wait to have Ethan here!

On the upside, I turn 32 years old this week! While I do not relish the thought of being older, I love a good excuse to party. My annual Johnny Ray's lemon icebox pie is residing in the fridge. I can't wait to get into it! My wonderful friends are planning a girl's night this week in honor of mine and another gal's big day. My hubby has been ever so secretive about my gift, but I do know he had to use the internet because he needed instructions on how to use Paypal, so I am deeply intrigued. And, I don't have to cook dinner one night this week!

Tomorrow I get to go (BY MYSELF!) to pick out my new flooring, counter tops, and cabinet hardware for my kitchen facelift. What gal doesn't love to do that? The eletricians were here and done early today, the plumber finished Friday, so all that is left to do this week is the sheetrock, painting the exterior and interior of my new laundry room, and hopefully next week my kitchen gets torn apart! Eric goes tomorrow to pick out our new dishwasher. Why him and not me? Because he's way better at that kind of stuff and I really don't want to have to think about it. I'm completely fine with deferring to what he thinks would be the best dishwasher for our family.

My life feels like one of extremes right now, but I'll take it. It's my life and I really am lovin' it. Except the part from 11:00 to 12:00 today when Emory acted like the kid we all swear we'll never have in public. That I could do without. But, at least I got a "good" opportunity for some training, right?

Comments

Olivia said…
Wal-Mart with kids is always an adventure! I know how you feel about Mondays, too! It's always an overwhelming day.
That is so nice that you're getting a kitchen "facelift"! Make sure you post some pics of the before and after.
Enjoy your birthday week! :)

Popular Posts