it's an epidemic!

There is something strange happening these days around the Skocelai household. We have, what I've coined, "spill-itis". Every day, and I kid you not, either Eric or I will knock over a completly full glass of water. This never happened until we brought the man-child home. I'm guessing it is a secondary infection brought on by the primary infection of ain't-nobody-gettin'-no-sleep-around-here fever. Now, the boy is sleeping better that we deserve. He seems to have now dropped down to one feeding in the middle of the night, and is easier to talk into going back to sleep after eating. But, someone has forgotten to tell the big sister.
Last week she was waking up at 5:00 to poop. That was quickly rectified by eliminating all juice boxes she was getting out of the extreme mommy guilt I feel for having added another child to the household and thereby decreasing the amount of time she and I have together. Then, it was bad dreams at 12:00am, 2:00am, and 4:00am. And then last night, at 3:00, she was hot. Then, she had to pee. Then she was thirsty. The fourth time her door opened, I didn't even ask her what she needed/wanted. I just threw her back in bed and dared her to get back up again. She didn't. She really is intelligent.
I was so worked up because I felt robbed of precious sleep, that it took me a long time to settle back down myself. Just as I had drifted off, the baby finally called for his meal. Now, this precious boy slept from 10:00 until 4:00ish. And then went back down until a little after 7:30am. I can taste it - we're inching towards a full night's rest. Now, if someone would just tell the almost three-year-old who slept wonderfully until we gave up the paci and moved to a big bed. Curses!

Comments

Popular Posts