a whole new way of life...

... and it totally revolves around catching some Z's whenever one can. I cheerfully pull Ethan duty and Eric has taken over the big sister who is an early riser. Let me tell you, this is an act of service on his part. The man still routinely sleeps until 8:00 every day. And, he thinks this is normal! He's a true night owl, while I am not. I have a hard time sleeping past 6:30, unless I have a new baby in the house. Then, I can sleep whenever I get still.

Ethan is up at least twice a night. Once around 2:00 and again at 5:00. He is usually down for the night sometime between 9:00 and 10:00. So, he is giving me a good stretch at the front end. It's just hard to get to bed when he does when that is the only time hubby and I have together with both kids down.

Even though I am up more and my sleep is slightly more disturbed than Eric's, no one but Ethan is truly well rested in this house. Eric has an incredibly hard time getting to bed "on time" in order to get a good 8 hours before his 6:00am wake-up call. And, sometimes that wake-up call comes at 5:30am! So, he's sluggish too. Once or twice this week, since I was already up feeding Ethan at 6:00, I pulled double duty and let daddy sleep in until his normal wake-up time. I figure there is no need for both parents to be strung out. One of us needs to stay sane and rested.

I had no idea how quickly Emory was adjusting to this new way of living until this morning. When she came out of her room and saw me in the living room, instead of her daddy, she matter-of-factly asked, "Is it daddy's turn for extra rest this morning?"

Comments

Popular Posts