pure joy...

It really is easy to make a kid happy. It's the small things that matter most. Sounds so very sappy, but it's true. There's a reason a cliche is a cliche. It is a tried and true truth.

Aunt Grace's birthday was this past weekend. Now while I did remember a gift for her, I did not bake anything to commemorate the day. I know, I suck. But, she dropped by with cupcakes for us. It kind of shamed me a little. But, to be fair, I was growing a whole new person in my body no less than 6 weeks ago. And, yes, I get to play that card for another couple of weeks. Having another human inhabit your body is a big deal!

Today after lunch I told Emory that I had saved the last cupcake for her. This involved fending her daddy off and baking cookies for him late last night to satisfy his urge for something sweet. It must have seemed to good to be true, because she pulled down the pan the cupcakes lived in for a peek. She lifted the foil off the top, a huge grin spread across her face, and she shouted, "HALLELUJAH!"

Comments

Popular Posts