toofers!

Ethan has teeth! Just like his big sister, he waited until the ripe old age of 7 months before pulling a couple in. And, fortunately for me, just like his sister he doesn't seem to be bothered much by the whole process. Looking back, it makes sense. There was one night that he was up for over an hour, but he was playing happily in his bed so we chalked it up to time change voo-doo. And he hasn't taken his bottles with as much gusto as he normally exhibits. It probably hurts to suck, but I remember reading somewhere that if you feed them sitting up it helps. Seems to work. I love the way he works his tounge back and forth over those new thangs in his mouth. He gets a quizzical look on his face and then makes this great fishy face with his tounge sticking out. Boy is that kid cute!

And the big girl?! Well, we are all about books, book, and more books. I'm pleased as punch that she enjoys reading so much. We've recently discovered books on CD at the library. It has actually bought us an extra hour of sleep in the morning. We've been able to make it to story time at the library more and more since January and the advent of a predictable baby sleep/eat schedule. Don't even get me started on how much we love Miss Laura our librarian. She knows my kids by name and even heard us the other day and came over to say hi. How's that for personal service? She's awesome at her job, and I'm so glad she is our librarian friend. I want Emory to have happy memories of being engrossed in other worlds that Miss Laura introduces us to.

In an effort to one-day introduce Emory to good literature, I've decided to reaquaint myself with some childhood classics. Anne of Green Gables is currently on my bedside table. It is like dessert to me. I work hard all day so that I can settle in for a good read with something warm to drink at the end of the day.

Gotta run - I've got a big girl waiting patiently in her bed for her goodnight songs and kisses.

Comments

Popular Posts