Getting away....

This coming weekend, the Dr. and I will be getting away for a romantic weekend of just being a couple. I'm so excited! There will be sleeping in, meals where I only feed myself, and lots and lots of hiking. We found a B & B called the Raven Haven in Mentone, Alabama. We'll be staying in the Queen Anne room. Check it out here. I've always wanted a bed I had to climb stairs to get into. That alone is worth the trip for me. Funds and time are very tight this year, but we are trying to maintain a tradition of a yearly trip for just the two of us. Keeping the spark alive, so to speak. Kind of ensures that Emory will be joined by siblings if we continue to enjoy being married to each other. And, it gives us a good chance to talk, get reaquainted with each other, and not just run the family business.
Good friends here will be keeping the rugrat. She will be treated to a day with Thomas the tank engine on Friday, the zoo on Saturday, and we'll be home Sunday afternoon. I don't think she'll have time to miss us.
Anyhoo, that is ruling my thoughts this week. In just 4 short days, I will be free for a whole 48 hours. I can't wait to drink a cup of coffee without microwaving it 3 times, not hide in the closet to eat something I don't want to share, and think a complete thought, start to finish. Not to mention have an uninterrupted conversation with dear hubby. Yes, I adore my little girl, but I have found that these little get-aways go far in reminding me that I am more than just a mommy and therefore enable me to be a better mommy once I am home. Plus, they make me a much better wife when I get to give my undivided attention to the one I call my own. And, I remember all over again why I married the big lug in the first place.

Comments

Robin Stevens said…
Oooh, I am so jealous!!! I hope y'all have a great time!!
The Whelans said…
What a great tradition to keep every year. Enjoy each other and have a wonderful time!

Popular Posts